Friday 15 November 2019

PLANNING : my target audience

I had to find a way to reach my target audience. I also needed to know who my target audience were. I had to research what their age would be, their gender, their ethnicity and their social class. I also needed to research what their media consumes were so that I could produce a product that they will want to watch. Finally, in order to market my film, I had to know how to reach my target audience. I will have to show how my research has influenced my planning by answering the following questions below.

1. Who is my primary target audience?
16-35 year olds who enjoy enigma, mob style films. of both genders


2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?
Mob films such as The Godfather, Goodfellas, The Irishman, The Godfather part 2, Scarface,
Johnny Brasco and Little Caesar


3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information
about films?
They most likely use streaming services to watch films and keep up with film information/updates
through social media and film news agents. however there are many different platforms that the film
can be streamed on, as there are a huge number of streaming services, creating a 'stream war'. This
means that the film will be widely accessible however due to the large number of content within all the
services it may not be seen and may be skimmed over, meaning that it could be difficult to get viewers
to watch the film. so we would have to consider which streaming service it could be streamed on, if at
all.



4. What brands do they prefer?
‘cool/trendy’ brands such as Hollister, Pretty Green,etc.


5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?
This film is a modern film, that incorporates themes from classic mob films to create a familiar viewing
experience to films such as The Godfather or Goodfellas with better technology to film it and better
quality visuals.


6 . Why should my audience watch my film?
Audience should watch my film because it will be a very nostalgic feeling when you watch this
due to the themes similar to that of the classic films which is very hard to find in the cinema industry
as it is being saturated by big CGI filled blockbusters such as transformers and the marvel films. It’s
a change of pace fro the average moviegoer and hardcore film fans alike.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent research, Alex. Is your audience profile ready to add to this post?

    ReplyDelete